Depot


147 E. Jefferson St.
Jean Dutton, (440)576-0496
Betty May Shear, (440)576-6305

Built in 1872, the Jefferson Depot contains railroad memorabilia and features the original ladies waiting room and restrooms complete with wall-hung flush tanks.

Outside, there is an 1888 House, Colonial Hurb Garden, early General Store, 1972 Lake Shore and Michigan Southern Railroad Station and 1918 Caboose, the 1848 Church in the Wildwood and Church Barn, the 1838 One-room Schoolhouse, Hohn's General Store and early century pharmacy, and the 1885 Sheffield Post Office.

The museum is open Sundays, 1-4 p.m., beginning Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend. Annual events include the Strawberry Festival in June, Civil War reenactments, and Patriotic Celebration "Early America LIVE".